Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

THIS LETTER TO ME

Poetry has been one of those things I've always used to clear my head, and get my feelings out on paper. I have a passion for poetry, and find that i'm able to express myself well when it comes to this type of creative writing.  The following poem I wrote when I had just endured a really hard breakup. I was engaged to this man, and while he was deployed he decided to join an online dating website, met a girl and came home to marry her a day after meeting her in person.  All the while I was still wearing my ring..  thank goodness for pawn shops right?  This poem was my therapy. I wrote down every good trait I could about myself from myself and read it daily to build my confidence back up, my moral as well as my inner strength.  It was my words of affirmation that I was good enough.  Hope you enjoy! 

THIS LETTER TO ME


Your smart, your funny,
Your beautiful inside and out,
You believe in people,
and love them without a doubt,

Your smile is infectious,
Your heart pure and real,
Everyone can see it,
just by how you make them feel,

Your soft brown eyes
are genuine and sincere,
You have a way of comforting
anyone you are near,

Your heart is as big
as all the water on earth,
You believe in people
and let them see their true worth,

You have unselfish motives,
Put everyone before yourself,
You believe in emotions over beauty,
and love over wealth,

Strength is something you posses
from your skin down to your bone,
You have faith in god above,
and know that your never alone,

Life has thrown its troubles
as hard as it could throw,
But never have you backed down,
each trial has helped you grow,

Right now it feels impossible
but I promise the pain will subside,
Just remember all of who you are,
and the qualities you hold inside,

The light will shine for you shortly,
and happiness soon you will see,
and whenever you get discouraged,
Just pick up and read This Letter to Me....

No comments:

Post a Comment